Who We Are
Apple Leaf, LLC is an independent firm providing agricultural consulting and eco-friendly services to help farmers increase yields and their bottom line.
Apple Leaf was founded in 2003 out of a need to provide services and unbiased information to help growers manage their production and satisfy markets and consumer demands.
Integrity and objectiveness of our data are at the core of our business. We are a private firm with no affiliation or ties to agriculture product-based companies. Our goal is to provide our clients with unbiased, real-time information to aid in their ability to manage pests and commodities. We do not peddle Agro-company sales lines or products.
By using Apple Leaf’s scientifically proven Integrated Pest Management (IPM) technologies, or latest trends in organic practices, our clients make cost-effective decisions about pest management and crop health, which, in turn, strengthens their bottom-line.
Apple Leaf also provides auditing services for food safety requirements including but not limited to: GlobalGap Fruit and Vegetable, SQF 1000 and 2000 series, and BRC certifications. Consulting for the constantly changing protocols is also available for both large and small processing, packers, shippers, cold storage, and growers. Apple Leaf also provides internal audits for our contracted clients across the U.S.
Apple Leaf and Market Demands
Apple Leaf uses IPM to assist in better management of our clients’ pest problems while sustaining high quantity and high quality yields.
In recent years, markets have required more verification and documentation showing how growers produce their commodities. In today’s market, growers are asked to provide produce with the use of fewer inputs (i.e., pesticide applications), with certifications of organic or other types of practices, or with components of Good Agriculture Practices (GAP) or food safety protocol/certification in place. These market demands can create time-consuming and costly challenges for any grower.
Yet by consulting Apple Leaf on IPM services or food safety certification and protocol development, growers can meet market demands for environmentally and economically sound products without breaking their farms’ bottom-line.
In the upcoming growing season, let us be your eyes and ears in the fields, orchards or greenhouses. Our wide range of services is tailored to meet your needs and match your financial resources.
- Food Safety: Preparing and developing in-house or market-required protocols and programs.
- Good Agriculture Practice (GAP): Supporting, developing, and preparing for domestic, international, and in-house programs .
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM): Focusing on both monoculture and diverse commodity practices (conventional, organic, biodynamic, permaculture, naturally grown, or other in-house labels).
- Third party verifications: Providing services to verify standards requested by both in-house or third party entities.
- Biological Assessments and Inventories: Fulfilling all State and Federal requirements regarding the presence of plant and animal species of concern on agricultural private development and/or public lands.
- Wetland Delineations: Meeting State and Federally required documentation of waterbodies’ size, soils, fauna and flora species.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS): Mapping for communities and private landowners.